Company: Direct Plus Food Group
Location: Langley, BC or Calgary, AB.
Job Title: Business Analyst
Reports To: Business Systems Manager
Department: Information Technology
Work Hours: Full Time, Monday through Friday
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Travel: Required: 15% – 30% - based on business needs.
As a key member of the Direct Plus Food Group team, you will demonstrate personal integrity and demonstrate a commitment to the development of the Company and other employees of Direct Plus Food Group. You will demonstrate an excellent work ethic, the highest level of integrity and a desire to assist others to maximize the potential of those around you. Your communication skills will demonstrate clarity of thought and expression, and as such will demonstrate excellent critical thinking skills.
As part of the team, the Business Analyst position supports planning and analysis for various operating departments and divisions, including the accurate preparation of sales budgets, forecasts, and operational reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis with focus on translating business goals and strategies into measurable metrics.
The Business Analyst will be comfortable handling large volumes of data and converting it into meaningful analysis to aid decision making and improve profitability.
This position, as a condition of employment, must hold confidential any employee’s personal information except as it is duly authorized for use/release in the necessary course of running the business. As such the person filling this position must be a trustworthy individual. This position must also hold confidential, as a condition of employment, all Company documents, information or conversations relating to the Company’s business.
• Collaborate with sales leaders, finance controllers and other stakeholders to define clear requirements around the best ways to measure successful sales and marketing outcomes aligned with the business strategy.
• Prepare, review, analyze and evaluate key business performance metrics using weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and provide recommendations to improve profitability.
• Track and report on key sales metrics to determine business health and trends.
• Establish strong working relationships with sales leadership, marketing, finance, and other teams to exceed objectives.
• Analyze budgets, forecasts, and current sales including variance analysis, margin, and profitability.
• Facilitating the sales budgeting process.
• Design and deliver key sales reporting and dashboards to management.
• Provide data analysis and insights to the executive team and provide feedback and recommendations on current or past promotion strategies and execution success results.
• Support ad-hoc data and reporting requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing, related fields or comparable relevant experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within a Business Analyst role in prior work history.
• Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word, with the ability to turn around complex materials within tight timelines.
• Experience in Canadian food industry, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and distribution required.
• Able to compile complex data into high-level views that can be easily understood by a broad executive audience.
• Ability to develop thoughtful leadership, present rigorous analysis and insights with clarity and confidence with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to convert a variety of strong, often conflicting opinions into actionable insights, next steps and decisions.
• Strong presentation skills: Quick and high-quality analysis and presentation creation using advanced Excel, PowerPoint and BI tools.
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to self-direct and quickly prioritize tasks in a dynamically changing work environment.
• Natural curiosity and willingness to openly explore new ideas in service of solving ongoing long-term challenges.
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
• Proactive, service oriented with a sense of urgency.